La Pasta e La Ragazza

Monday, October 25, 2004

Dinner at Tria

Well of course my most recent culinary experience is going to be at my place of employment. 1 1/2 bottles of wine, cheese, poutin and of course, the infamous hangar steak and chouemer pudding to finish is a wonderful time, especially with wonderful company. Kyle and I shared a bottle of Cline Red Truck a nice, cheap California "table wine" filled with Cherries and ripeness, a buttery and smooth triple creme du village brie (why haven't I been to Quebec yet?) that had just a hint of mushrooms, and the ever rich Poutine Martin. Chef Picard's (http://www.pied-de-cochon.ch/) Poutin Martin. Perfectly made frenchfries (just crispy enough!) with melted white cheese curds, veal gravy, truffle oil and don't you dare forget the fois gras! I had my favorite hangar steak, just bloody enough in the center for me to enjoy it while Kyle picked away at his lamb shank confi. If i were able to describe the chouemer pudding I would feel quite accomplished in my vocabulary. The perfect mix of creamy buttery maple gooeyness with just enough substinence to make you glad you had that last bite, even if you may regret in the loosening of the belt. Thank goodness for 1/2 off meals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home