La Pasta e La Ragazza

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Attacked by women in black

I'm pretty sure one of the neighbors is growing chickens. If not, something is making a very loud chicken like sound. If they are, I call dibs on some fresh eggs.


Back to the subject at hand: I can't resist Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Clearance Sale. I get usually a bra or two and some undies for a good deal. And for all of you boys out there, no I did NOT buy any neglige. The sexist thing I bought was a t-shirt to sleep in, and thats only because I've decided it' kind of gross that I often sleep in the same shirt i was wearing all day. Anyway. I have no idea why I subject myself to the torture of going to that place. EVERY single employee (most of whom have only worked there for 2 days) asks if you're finding everything alright. And no one EVER says anything but yes. Because really, am I going to say "yeah, find me a non-neon colored 36D bra that is unlined with full coverage... also no beige". No, and even if I did, that's NOT their job... their job is to go around offering you bags (for bras? what? I can loop 30 bras over one arm and never notice the difference. I realize this is a marketing ploy, but seriously, get a life) a free bra measure (GREAT customer service) and the opportunity to help their company make even MORE money buy getting you to sign up for an Angels card... which has a ridiculously high interest rate, and for all of those DEALS you get over the year, you have to buy something with your card to get the deal. And you can't pay your bill in the store. AND they ask you twice. Once while you're shopping and then when you're checking out they actually badger you if you say "no, i'm not paying with my angels card" and ask why not, and you tell them that you dont NEED anymore credit cards. I have one credit card and one is all i damn well need. Thanks :)

The worst part is that some woman actually grabbed my arm and sprayed some insanely cold stuff on it saying "DOESN'T IT FEEL GREAT?!?!" in a high pitched voice. No, it's COLD, and now I smell like my freshman year of college roommate. damn place. I can't tell if it's the traffic volume, the customer service, the mass amount of pink, the VERY overweight girls deciding which thong they like the best, the music or the disgusting smell that is created when fake pear, strawberry, apple and vanilla are combined all together and sprayed in every which direction by the crazy lady with the cold firming spray that give me the headache... but I definitely have a headache.

But my disdain with fade and 6 months from now when I'm feeling blue, I'm sure Ill trudge the 1/2 block from TJ's to Victoria's secret to buy a new bra, a few new undies and some out of season christmas pajamas.

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

why are you so angry? do you/we need counseling? help me out here. i basically don't understand women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home